Vastu is the bridge between man and nature- Role of VASTU
- Role of VASTU
- Vastu is the bridge between man and nature. Everything is made up of basic five elements – FIRE, WATER, EARTH, SPACE, and AIR. All These elements are found only on earth, and that is why it is the only planet that supports life and nature. If the residential and commercial buildings are constructed without any regards to these elements, then no benefits will be attained. Each of the five basic elements give us a precious gift from the powers of the universe.
- All materials in the world, irrespective of their size, shape, color, physical or chemical compositions have embedded their origins from one of the ‘Panchbhootas’. They all enjoy a peculiar vibration level, which evades the intelligence of human beings.
- The Vastu science is based upon the laws of nature. The equilibrium we observe in nature is easily perceivable by us in all moving bodies, but unfortunately we are unable to note this equilibrium in static bodies. The basic source of energy of the whole world is stored at the North and South poles. It flows uninterruptedly from the North Pole to the South Pole in the form of magnetic waves. Therefore Southward portion of every building should be higher than the northward portion, in order to avoid any hindrance to the flow of magnetic waves.
- Our ancient Vastu Shastra has been founded in such a way, that the inmates can derive maximum benefits from sun-rays and the energies of the sun like heat light, UV rays – the only reliable source of Vitamin D (Vitamin D is absorbed by the blood directly when the bare skin is exposed to sun), which is vital for sustenance of life on Earth.
- Uttaraayana and Dakshinaayana are of great scientific importance since daytime will be more than the night time in the Uttaraayana facilitating availability of more sun light.
- The Eastern direction assumes a great significance because morning sunrays emit more light and less heat, hence is the best. In the afternoon, the sun moves towards West, and emits Infrared rays, which are detrimental to health. Thus, due to all these reasons, it is explicitly laid down in Vastu Shastra that more open space, more windows and doors fixed, more balconies and verandahas should be provided towards the East and the North side, than in the South and the West side.
- The most important aspect considered while formulating Vastu Shastra is the magnetic field of the Earth, which has significant influence on the human life. The human body itself acts as a magnet with the head, the heaviest as North Pole. If the head is directed towards the North while sleeping, the North Pole of the Earth and that of the human body repel each other affecting the blood circulation, causing disturbed sleep, tension and other problems. Thus, it is said by Vastu Shastris that one should not sleep facing his head towards North.
Vastu for Residence
- No beam should run above the bed.
- The master bedroom should be in the South West corner and the bed should be on the southern wall.
- The bedroom for sons should be in the East or South East corner and bed should be on the southern or eastern wall.
- The guest bedroom or the daughter’s bedrooms should be in the North-West zone.
- Family members should face East or North in living and dining room.
- No furniture should be kept within 8 Feet or door height of the entrance.
- The dining table should be square or rectangle shape and not in hexagonal shape.
- A 6″ offset should be left from the door to wall.
- The refrigerator should not be placed in East or North side of the room.
- Vastu for Office
- The Senior executives/ managers/ directors should occupy South-West direction, (considered the best), West & South Zones
- The middle management cadre staff should be placed in the North & East zones
- The field staff should be placed in the North-West Zone.
- The accounts staff/ engineering staff/ artist should be placed in the South-East zone
- Reception/ Visitors/ Temple/ Drinking Water etc. to be arranged in the North-East zone.
- Staff should sit facing North or East directions.
- No beam should run above heads of the staff or their seating positions.
- The North East corner should be empty.
Vastu for Structure
- Bore wells or ponds should be at North East of the Plot.
- The entrance door should be on the Eastern on Northern side (please refer to the Vastu Mandala).
- The highest point of the plot should be on the South West corner of the plot.
- The plot should slope from South West towards the North East.
- The plot projecting towards the South-West is considered bad.
- Shape of the plot should preferably be rectangular between 2:3 & 1:2 proportions.
- The highest point of the structure should be on the South West.
- The centre of the structure is called Brahmasthana and should be open to sky.
- Two opposite doors should not be staggered and should be in the same line.
Vastu for Restaurant
- Main entrance of the restaurant should always be from East or North.
- Reception of the restaurant should be better placed in Northern side.
- Storage room to store raw material, grains etc must be ideally placed in South-west.
- Kitchen in the restaurant should always be held in South-east and avoid other location or direction for kitchen.
- Keep the location of the restaurant well recognized because Vastu defected locations can affect the flourishing business of restaurant.
- Keep the North-east of restaurant clean and tidy and also incorporate water source such as water fountain here.
- Toilets should be located in North-west or West of the restaurant.
- Generators, invertors, geyser and other electrical equipment’s should be placed in South-east only.
Always tint your restaurant wall with light shades and avoid dark and complicated colors.