Design process – Detailed Profile – August Architects
Detailed Catalogue #August Architects.
“Design should not speak efforts behind it, its simplicity should overwhelm you”
Each project starts with us listening to your specific requirements and aspirations – this way we are able to define clear objectives to reflect your vision for the project. Budget, design and construction programme are set and agreed.
Having understood your requirements, we will then prepare a design concept presentation, containing inspirational imagery to further refine the brief. Following agreement of the concept, we will then develop it, and present you with layout drawings, and details of finishes – for example, for bathrooms and kitchens – and proposals for any structural changes. The project will be reviewed again at this stage, and any changes to scope, budget or timing agreed.
All details having been agreed, we will collaborate with your appointed specialist contractors to produce detailed specifications for every required element, ranging from joinery, lighting, cabinetry, kitchens, bathrooms, to audio-visual and exterior landscaping. Prior to construction commencing, if required our team will prepare information for pricing and obtain tenders for building works on your behalf. During the construction process, we will oversee the works throughout, ensuring suppliers and sub-contractors deliver the best quality of work, on time and following our design.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We ensure our clients personalized designs, timely deliverables, post project services and support, guaranteeing quality standards. Our expertly trained teams provide efficient client service and assure quick and reliable support. August Architect’s design exemplifies detailing and elite customization bringing in global standards. For interior design projects we offer a complete cycle from design, project management and execution. August Architect’s deliver a ‘Design & Build’ model. Valuing time and money, every project is diligently assessed right from design inception, through execution, up until handover. A well-structured hierarchy in the team assures meticulous management of time, assurance of quality and relatable project cost. Backed by a strong fleet of the finest artisans, we are equipped to deliver high standards of quality work on pan India operations. We design hi-end residences, luxury bungalows, retail spaces, and corporate setups and are fast making inroads into the hospitality sector and building construction. Adept at both, interior design and architecture, the studio is driven by constant research and evolutionary forays in relation with textures and materials – vital constituents that bring an edge to each project.
We understand the client’s requirements lifestyle and taste weave his thoughts with our style statement and design sensibility. Begin with conceptualization, using highly refined 3d visualization techniques. There is a distinct hierarchy structured to finely monitor every project. A team of designers control design in close association with the principal designers. Project coordinators monitor the projects closely for time and quality control
WHY CHOOSE AUGUST ARCHITECTS
Finding reliable and experienced professionals for your project can be daunting and time consuming. We work with a large number of industry professionals and can acquire the most suitable products and services at the best price. This will save you endless amounts of time sourcing professionals, products and prices. We will project manage the whole renovation, ensuring that your project runs smoothly and on budget.
ACCESS TO UNIQUE PRODUCTS
There are products available to designers that are not available to the general public. Through our exclusive suppliers and manufacturers we can find and custom-make bespoke furniture, artwork and accessories for your home that are not readily found in conventional retail stores. This way we can achieve a unique and very personal style for your home.
We can save you money on your project by planning and allocating resources carefully, shopping wisely and eliminating expensive decorating mistakes. If you are thinking of putting your house on the market, we can increase the value of your property and set your home above the competition. We can also maximise opportunities to attract more potential buyers/tenants in a shorter time frame.
INCREASE CREATIVE THINKING
Designers are trained to think about design aspects that people may overlook. We won’t impose anything on you. Our job is to work collaboratively with you, giving them expert guidance along the process, so that they can achieve the home of their dreams.
DISCOVER OUR PROCESS.
1. MEET & AGREEThis is the first stage of the design process and is the initial consultation the designer and you. We use this time to meet on site (if possible) with you to discuss your project, goals, priorities and needs for the space. We also use this time to clarify your budget and to discuss our fee structure. When possible we love to collect as much documentary information as possible in regards to your space. This can include photos on site, floor plans, initial measurements, as well as documenting any limitations that need to be taken into account.
2. PRELIMINARY DESIGN/STYLING CONCEPT From our Initial Consultation we then gather all the information we have discussed with you and research and prepare styles and images that we think will be suitable for the space. We use this time to prepare our initial style concept boards that we use as a visual tool to clarify the style and confirm the brief between the designer and client.
3. FINALISE DESIGN + SPECIFY/SELECTIONS We then welcome any feedback from our clients in regards to our initial concepts, and amend any ideas accordingly. We work with you until you are happy with our final concept and would like to proceed to specifying/sourcing products/materials.
4. SPECIFY Sourcing/ specifying products and pieces that we believe will work best in your space, taking into account the purpose of the space, traffic flow, occupants, functionality of the space and most importantly your budget. Once again we work with you to ensure you approve and understand our selections.
5. DEVELOP + CONSTRUCT + INSTALLATION With your approval we finalise all selections, which can include ordering furnishings, materials and products, collaborating with builders, trades, suppliers and manufacturers. We work with our colleagues to ensure an efficient, quality and safe installation of all items, and are happy to liaise with a trades and suppliers on your behalf.
6. IMPLEMENT + STYLING The final stage of our design process involves us coming for a final inspection of your project, to ensure that we’re both are happy with the final outcome. This time can also be used for some final styling which can include us sourcing an assortment of products to place around the home or rearranging existing pieces to ensure the space is working its best
We create ingenious designs that are truly captivating
- Our mission is to create environments that deliver on every level. Aesthetic, practical, commercial, experiential. We achieve this by applying intelligence to design. By developing a personal vision for every project, setting the most uncompromising standards and working side by side with our clients to bring that vision to life. It’s an approach that has cemented our reputation as world-class designers
We are visionary
Our vision is ambitious, far-ranging and constantly innovating. Guided by clear style principles yet unfettered by a house ‘style’, we always see beyond the bounds of a brief to discover surprising and inspiring possibilities
We create Inspiring Experiences
Our spaces are transformative. By going beyond trend we design environments that are original and timeless and which spark all the senses. We understand the ultimate essence of a project, which unlocks the authentic design story. The result is a unique, immersive experience that is exactly right for the place and the people within it.
We apply intelligence to design
- Our work is underpinned by a rich depth of insight and experience – from architectural principles to aesthetic, function and cultural sensibility. This intelligent approach to design shapes every decision we make and every space we create.
We set the highest standards
- We take great pride in going further and thinking deeper. Materials, finish, texture and craftsmanship – we are uncompromising in the standards we set ourselves and it shows in the results we can achieve for our clients.
We deliver creatively and commercially
- We recognise the importance of striking the balance between commercial demands and creative ambitions. Our unrivalled experience, profound grasp of commercial needs and creative agility, mean we reach inspired solutions for our clients, without compromise.
We are collaborators
- When we work together, exciting things happen. On every project, we collaborate with our clients and with each other to arrive at a unique and tailored solution. It elevates every project beyond even the greatest individual conception. It’s the best and most enjoyable way we know of bringing our vision to life.